Friday, February 28, 2014

Discovering True Love



The week of Valentine’s me and a couple of missionary friends prepared some special gifts for the women working at a massage parlor. We wanted to give out some Valentine’s Day cards, rice-crispy treats, brownies, and a painting I did for them. The night was a success because they loved everything we brought to them. One lady even read the Valentine’s Day card out loud and was reading a scripture from 1 Corinthians 13.


Making a painting for them was something that was in my heart but I honestly wondered if I could start and finish in one day. I asked for divine help and prayed while working on it because I knew it would be something that would speak to the women there. It took me about 5 hours to complete it. The painting has Thai scripture, 1 Corinthians 13 & John 3, glued to the canvas, acrylic paint, and gold leaf. The painting also has the Thai word for love. For me, this painting is a prophetic declaration that they will one day discover and experience true love and as a result their hearts will be transformed into the likeness of their Creator. The painting was placed in the make-up/smoking room the night we took it to them. Since then, the painting has been temporarily placed in the storage room due to an upcoming holiday in Thailand. I’m praying and believing that when this painting is placed in that room it will continue to bring life in ways that I can’t fully see or understand. I’m excited to see how our relationship with these women will go deeper in the coming months!

No comments:

Post a Comment