Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I go to the bar for more than just a drink!



I look forward to my Wednesday nights because that’s usually when I go to the bar with a few friends of mine. Our main reason for going is not to sit in and inhale secondhand smoke or get alcoholic beverages (we only drink water, orange juice or Sprite in case you were wondering) but to sit and listen to the hearts of the ladies working there. There’s nothing different about them, they have longings and desires just like any other human being. I love hearing them talk about their daily activities and the things they love to do such as going to workout, going swimming, preferring sleep over exercise and even seeing their eyes sparkle when they talk about a guy they like that is no longer with them. The people that normally look at them usually think that they are worthless or that they are only good for a night. But I see them and I see beautiful women that are working there for different reasons and difficult situations. The hardest part of my visits is definitely when I have to witness a customer walk in to pick the girl he wants to spend a few hours with. I intercede for the girl that gets picked while continuing to spend time with the other girls there. God has so much more for them and I want to continue to sow seeds of life in them for as long as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment