Sunday, August 28, 2011

Selling Goodies for an Education

     Most of us have fond memories of starting a new school year when we were little kids. For me, it was not the fact that I was going back to school that had me all excited, but it was knowing that my mom would take me shopping for new clothes and new school supplies! I never had to do anything to earn money for my school supplies and it was the same for most of my peers as well.

     About a few months ago, on a normal hot Saturday afternoon, Abigail and I were doing our routinely visitations to the children that we minister to on Sunday’s. We made a few stops before we found ourselves outside of Mia’s house. She was selling some goodies right by the fence.  Abigail asked her a few questions in Ilonggo and we found out that she was selling all those things to fundraise money for a backpack and other school supplies. I was so impressed to see such a young girl like her fundraise her own money for school. With this strong determination and all the talents and gifts God has placed inside of her,  I am sure she will reach all her God given dreams and goals! I am definitely blessed to be a part of her life! :)

Mia played a special tune for us while we visited and purchased some things from her little store!

No comments:

Post a Comment